If you are interested in learning more about nursing opportunities at Listowel Wingham Hospitals Alliance please send us your contact information through our online form and we will set up a call to discuss.
We love to discuss physician opportunities in both our hospitals. We invite any interested physicians to contact us!
Your Guide to Volunteering
STEPS TO VOLUNTEER WITH LWHA
In order to be accepted as a volunteer you must complete the following steps:
- Review the volunteer job description to ensure the position is a good fit for you Volunteer Job Description
- Complete the LWHA Volunteer Application Form. Be sure to specify if there is a particular area of the hospital that you are most interested in volunteering in.
- You may submit your completed application form to careers by email or to the Switchboard Reception.
IF YOUR APPLICATION IS ACCEPTED
- You will be contacted by the Listowel Wingham Hospitals Alliance Human Resources Department.
- An interview will be scheduled.
IF YOU ARE CONDITIONALLY ACCEPTED FOR A VOLUNTEER POSITION
- Volunteers must have a Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) completed. In order to obtain a VSC you will need to obtain an official letter from the Hospital stating your name, volunteer position and why you need a VSC completed.
- All volunteers must complete a pre-health review. The pre-health review form can be obtained by clicking here: LWHA Pre-Placement Health Review Form.
BECOME A Patient & Family Partners VOLUNTEER
Listowel Wingham Hospitals Alliance is looking for Patient and Family Partners Volunteers to participate on Working Groups, Committees or the Quality Council. Hearing the needs and wants of patients at the decision-making level can positively shape overall patient experience.
Tell His/Her Story All experiences, positive and negative, are important to gather insights and better understand how the patient family experience can be improved.
Participate in Process Changes and Policy Development Experiences aid in planning and decision making.
Review and Help Create Education or Information Materials Easy to understand documents which are meaningful to patients and families.
Special Projects. Launching a new initiative, planning a new space, etc. To learn more or to become a Patient and Family Partner please contact the Patient Experience Coordinator at (519) 291-3125 Ext. 6206 / (519) 357-3711 Ext. 6206 or Email Patient Experience.