What Patients Need to Know...
We hope your stay with us can be a positive, healing experience.
If you are know you are being admitted to the hospital, please remember to bring the following:
- Identification showing your Name, Address and Date of Birth
- Health Card
- Any Additional Insurance Card including the Insurance Company Name, Policy & Certificate Number, and the Name, Date of Birth & Employer of the insured member. (if applicable)
- All medications you are currently taking
- Pyjamas, bathrobe and slippers
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, facial tissues, shampoo and body/hand lotion. These items are not supplied by the hospital, but are available for purchase at the Gift Shop
- Hearing aids with extra batteries, or other necessary assistance devices (if applicable)
- Reading Material
Please do NOT bring any valuables, jewellery or large sums of money. We are not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
Your Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) will cover your in-hospital treatment costs.
You may have additional health insurance to cover the cost of a Private or Semi-Private room. You will be required to present your coverage card to staff for proof of coverage. The hospital will submit claims to your insurance company. However, the responsibility for payment remains yours. TV is not covered by OHIP and may be available for a charge. In the event that the preferred accommodation is not immediately available, every effort will be made to transfer you to the requested accommodation as soon as possible.
Patient Television: $5.00/day. Plus applicable taxes.
Prices are subject to change without notice. We accept Cash or Cheque by mail or in person, Debit Card in person, and Visa or MasterCard in person or over the phone. Services are not refundable and cannot be transferred to another patient.
Listowel Business Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm. To Contact call 519-291-3125 Ext. 6211.
Switchboard available for Payments 7 days a week 7:00am – 7:00pm.
Wingham Business Office Hours: Monday – Friday 7:30am – 12:30pm. To Contact call 519-357-3711 Ext. 5244.
Switchboard available for Payments Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm
Use the parking lots located across from the Main Entrance at LMH or Emergency Entrance at WDH.
Listowel: Cost of $2 upon Exit (accepts coins $2, $1, $0.25)
Wingham: Free of Charge
Change Machines are located in the Main Entrance at LMH and Cafeteria at WDH. ATMs are not available on site.
Cafeterias are located on ground floor at LMH and the basement at WDH. Vending Machines are available 24 hours/day. Change Machines are located at the Main Entrance at LMH and in the Cafeteria at WDH. ATMs are not available on site.
Listowel Hours: Monday to Friday: 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
Wingham Hours: Monday to Friday: 11:45 am – 1:15 pm
Visiting hours are flexible to accommodate your circumstances. Please refer to the Family Presence Policy for more information. Individuals feeling unwell should not visit the Hospital.
Telephones: Free services available. Dial 9 prior to the phone number.
Televisions: For activation and payment instructions, refer to “Television Rental Agreement Form” in your Admission Package.
LWHA Free Wi-Fi Internet for Patients and Visitors:
LWHA offers free wireless internet making it easier for our patients and visitors to stay connected with family and friends. Here’s how to access free wireless internet:
- Enable Wi-Fi on your device (laptop, tablet or smartphone)
- Select “”LWHA-GUEST” from the wireless network list
- Launch your internet browser. You do not need a password to log on to our guest network