Strategic Focus #1: Quality Care
Cultivate care that is patient centred, timely, efficient, effective, equitable, and safe.
- Improve access to health information for patients.
- Expand content and availability of the hospital based electronic health record.
- Specific efforts to improve the experience of those requiring services in mental health, cancer care, home and community care, and palliative care.
Strategic Focus #2: People
Cultivate a workplace that nurtures individual and collective potential.
- Invest resources and provide training opportunities that support our staff.
- Strategic review of our various structures, systems and processes to ensure the organization has an efficient and effective operating model
- Implement leadership development, talent management, and succession planning to ensure future success.
Strategic Focus #3: Resources
Cultivate a sustainable and resilient environment that is here for future generations.
- Planning for long-term financial stability.
- Create a facility master plan across two communities
- Measurement of financial and clinical outcomes to ensure efficiency.
- Establishment of a technology platform to serve long-term needs while improving efficiency.
Strategic Focus #4: Relationships
Cultivate partnerships to offer a seamless patient experience.
- Collaborate with regional partners to remove barriers to movement of patients, while investing in the promotion of responsible utilization of emergency services and resources.
- Partner with local Family Health Teams to advance the governance of the health care system.
- Develop strong relationships with stakeholders, ensuring they are informed about our organization, its services, and its role within the health care system.
The Listowel Wingham Hospitals Alliance (LWHA) is recognized as a quality health care provider for the residents of Listowel, Wingham, and surrounding areas. In order to meet the health care needs of a rural community, our responsibility extends beyond the walls of the hospital. This understanding will guide us in our examination of future opportunities and initiatives, while ensuring that our patient’s and their family’s journey through the health care system is effective.