The Laboratory at Listowel Wingham Hospitals Alliance provides services to Inpatients and Emergency patients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The laboratory team consists of Medical Laboratory Technologists and Medical Laboratory Assistants. The Listowel Wingham Hospitals Alliance labs partner with the Interhospital Laboratory Partnership (IHLP). Visit the IHLP website at www.ihlp.ca.
The following services are provided:
- Core Chemistry, Hematology, Coagulation and Immunohematology (Blood Bank) testing
- Microbiology (performed at the Stratford General Hospital)
- Pathology and Cytology (performed at the Stratford General Hospital)
- Point of Care Testing Coordination and Management
- Specimen collection
- ECG, Holter and Loop recorders and Stress tests
A valid Health Card is required for all services, otherwise a fee will be charged. Patients must have a requisition from an authorized Health Practitioner.
Wingham: Royal Oaks Health and Wellness Centre, 131 John Street East
Lab Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 12:15 pm
Listowel: Lifelabs, 185 Inkerman Street, East
Lab Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 7:00-3:00pm, Wednesday and Friday 7:00-12:00 pm