Operating as a satellite site for the London Regional Cancer Program (LRCP), the Wingham site provides systemic therapy (chemotherapy) for patients living in Huron, Perth, and Bruce Counties. This allows some patients to receive their cancer treatment closer to home. Patients are initially assessed at the LRCP and then referred back to the Wingham site.
We have a team of dedicated and specially trained physicians, nurses, pharmacists and pharmacy technicians who work closely with the London Regional Cancer Program to provide the appropriate treatments for our patients. We also have lab technicians, a registered dietitian and social work available.
LRCP train our nursing, pharmacy, housekeeping, maintenance, and receiving department staff annually how to receive chemotherapy agents, how to clean up chemotherapy spills, and how to dispose of chemotherapy agents.
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 7:30am – 3:30pm.
- We are located close to the Main Entrance.
- Parking is free, accessed from John St.
- Treatment times can range from 1 to 8 hours, depending on the type of therapy that you are receiving and the bloodwork required etc.
- We have drinks and snacks available for you, but if you know that you have a long treatment, please bring a bagged lunch.
- The Cafeteria is open for morning coffee break (10:00-10:45am) and lunch (11:45-1:15pm) weekdays.
- Complete meals, snacks and beverages are available from the food merchandisers (vending) 24 hours a day.
- Most chemotherapy agents and cancer medications can be given at the Wingham site. There are some exceptions where part of the treatment must be done in London.
Before you leave home, please bring the following:
- Your Ontario Health or OHIP card
- All of your medicines, including over-the-counter medication, vitamins, minerals, herbal supplements – please bring the original bottles or containers.
- A list of questions you would like to ask .
- Name, address and phone number of your Family Doctor
- Name, address and phone number of your pharmacy or drug store
- Group and policy numbers or your drug card for your drug insurance plan
- A bagged lunch or snacks if your treatment is long. (The Cafeteria is open 10:00-10:45am and lunch 11:45-1:15pm) weekdays. Complete meals, snacks and beverages are available from vending machines.
- Cash, debit or credit card in case you need to pick up prescriptions or purchase a snack
- Eyeglasses and hearing aid(s) if you use them
- A family member or friend, medical power of attorney in person, or contact information, if the patient cannot make decisions for him/herself