What Visitors Need to Know...
This helpful guide will help you understand and navigate your hospital visiting experience.
Effective April 3, 2021
Following the LWHA visiting framework, during the Provincial Shutdown general visiting will not be permitted to maintain the safety of our patients, staff and community. One (1) essential caregiver may be permitted to support patients with a need that the hospital care team cannot meet.
The Essential Caregiver role may include:
- Support for a patient’s physical care, mental and emotional well-being that cannot be supported virtually or by the hospital care team
- Assistance with meals, mobility or personal care that cannot be provided by the hospital care team
- Communication assistance with hearing, visual, speech, cognitive, intellectual or memory impairment that cannot be provided by the hospital care team
- Assistance for persons with disabilities that cannot be provided by the hospital care team
- One visitor will be permitted for palliative care patients nearing end of life
All approved caregivers MUST:
- Pass the screening upon entry to the hospital
- Wear a hospital provided mask through their entire visit
- Only visit one inpatient while in the building
- Limit movement throughout the hospital
- Be able to enter the building and get to the inpatient unit independently
To discuss becoming an essential caregiver contact the COVID Supervisor at 519-357-3210 or 519-291-3120 Ext 5117.
The following Outpatient populations will be allowed 1 essential caregiver:
- Pediatric patients
- Obstetrical patients (including obstetrical ultrasounds)
- Emergency/Outpatients who require support
- Oncology patients for their first visit
FREE WI-FI FOR PATIENTS AND VISITORS
LWHA offers free wireless internet making it easier for our patients and visitors to stay connected with family and friends. Here’s how to access free wireless internet:
- Enable Wi-Fi on your device (laptop, tablet or smartphone)
- Select “LWHA-GUEST” from the wireless network list
Cafeteria & Vending Machines
Cafeterias are located on ground floor at LMH and the basement at WDH. Vending Machines are available 24 hours/day. Change Machines are located at the Main Entrance at LMH and in the Cafeteria at WDH. ATMs are not available on site.
Listowel Hours: Currently Closed due to Flood. No Vending
Wingham Hours: Monday to Friday: 11:45 am – 1:15 pm
Smoking and vaping are not allowed on any Hospital property including the grounds and parking lots.
Our Hospitals have a scent-free policy. Please do not wear scented products while at the Hospital.
Use the parking lots located across from the Main Entrance at LMH or Emergency Entrance at WDH. Change Machines are located beside Registration at LMH and Cafeteria WDH.
Listowel: Cost of $2 upon Exit (accepts coins $2, $1, $0.25)
Wingham: Free of Charge
INPATIENT AREAS: PATIENT CARE & ROOMS
Check with a member of the healthcare team before providing any patient with food, drinks or assistance. Do not use the patient washroom; ask a member of the healthcare team where public washrooms are located.
LWHA is committed to keeping all personal health information safe and confidential Do not take pictures or videos without permission. Please adhere to hospital practices and policies. If you have a privacy related concern, call us at Ext. 6254 or email us through our contact form.
If an injury occurs during your visit, notify a member of the healthcare team.
- Stay calm
- Listen to instructions made by staff
LWHA values your feedback. If you have a concern, suggestion or compliment, speak with your health care provider. If you feel your question or concern requires further attention, please ask to speak to the Manager or the Patient Experience Coordinator.
Email Patient Experience
Phone: Ext. 6206