What Visitors Need to Know...
This helpful guide will help you understand and navigate your hospital visiting experience.
Effective June 17, 2022
Requirements for all visitors
- Inpatients are permitted two (2) general visitors at a time. Outpatients are permitted one (1) general visitor at a time.
- Pass the screening upon entry to the hospital, do not visit if you are feeling unwell
- Wear a hospital provided mask through their entire visit
- Visitors are asked to avoid consumption of food or drink while in patient rooms
- Before providing any food or medications to patients, please discuss with the care team
- Only visit one patient
- Clean your hands before entry and after exit of a patient room
- Limit movement throughout the hospital with no access to common areas
- If personal support (for example, toileting, mobility, etc) is required during your visit, please discuss with the care team
- Comply with staff requests, such as leaving the patient room for care as well as to maintain physical distancing
- To protect the privacy of patients, visitors and staff, the use of recording devices is not permitted without consent
- Avoid use of scented products (such as perfumes, body sprays), avoid bringing scented flowers into the hospital
- Provide a safe and respectful environment for patients, visitors and staff. Listowel Wingham Hospitals Alliance has a zero-tolerance policy against violence, abusive and/or threatening
Current LWHA Visiting/Accompaniment Guidelines can be found Here
FREE WI-FI FOR PATIENTS AND VISITORS
LWHA offers free wireless internet making it easier for our patients and visitors to stay connected with family and friends. Here’s how to access free wireless internet:
- Enable Wi-Fi on your device (laptop, tablet or smartphone)
- Select “LWHA-GUEST” from the wireless network list
Cafeteria & Vending Machines
*Due to current COVID restrictions, both cafeteria’s are TAKE OUT only for visitors.*
Cafeterias are located on ground floor at LMH and the basement at WDH. Vending Machines are available 24 hours/day. Change Machines are located at the Main Registration at LMH and in the Cafeteria at WDH. ATMs are not available on site.
Listowel Hours: Monday – Friday: 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
Wingham Hours: Monday to Friday: 11:45 am – 1:15 pm
Smoking and vaping are not allowed on any Hospital property including the grounds and parking lots.
Our Hospitals have a scent-free policy. Please do not wear scented products while at the Hospital.
Use the parking lots located across from the Main Entrance at LMH or Emergency Entrance at WDH. Change Machines are located beside Registration at LMH and Cafeteria WDH.
Listowel: Cost of $2 upon Exit (accepts coins $2, $1, $0.25)
Wingham: Free of Charge
INPATIENT AREAS: PATIENT CARE & ROOMS
Check with a member of the healthcare team before providing any patient with food, drinks or assistance. Do not use the patient washroom; ask a member of the healthcare team where public washrooms are located.
LWHA is committed to keeping all personal health information safe and confidential Do not take pictures or videos without permission. Please adhere to hospital practices and policies. If you have a privacy related concern, call us at Ext. 6254 or email us through our contact form.
If an injury occurs during your visit, notify a member of the healthcare team.
- Stay calm
- Listen to instructions made by staff
LWHA values your feedback. If you have a concern, suggestion or compliment, speak with your health care provider. If you feel your question or concern requires further attention, please ask to speak to the Manager or the Patient Experience Coordinator.
Email Patient Experience
Phone: Ext. 6206