Effective April 16, 2021
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a respiratory illness. Symptoms of COVID-19 may include:
- Fever (temperature of 37.8°C or greater)
- New or Worsening Cough
- Shortness of Breath (Dyspnea)
- Other Symptoms: sore throat, difficulty swallowing, new olfactory or taste disorder(s), nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain.
Symptoms Updated: August 6th, 2020
Symptoms may take up to 14 days to appear after exposure to the virus.
Take a Self Assessment
How can I protect myself?
Handwashing is your best defense against a range of illnesses, including COVID-19. Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water to help prevent exposure to, and transmission of, illness. Other usual health precautions that can help you protect yourself again COVID-19 and other illness are:
- Avoid Contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are sick to avoid spreading illness to others
- Practice physical distancing at all times
- Practice proper cough and sneeze etiquette by coughing/sneezing into a tissue, or into your sleeve or arm (and immediately washing your hands afterwards)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth, especially with unwashed hands
- Cleaning your hands before eating and drinking
- Cleaning frequently touched objects and surfaces, like bathroom sinks, kitchen counters, etc.
What steps is Listowel Wingham Hospital Alliance taking to prevent the transmission of the virus?
LWHA is coordinating with Public Health Ontario, the Ministry of Health and other agencies to help guide decision-making and receive updates on the virus.
If you are experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19 please contact Huron Perth Health Unit at 1-888-221-2133. Community based testing can be arranged by calling to book an appointment.
Visit any of the following websites for up-to-date Information on COVID-19
World Health Organization
Huron Perth Public Health