Based off community Covid-19 activity the Listowel Wingham Hospitals Alliance is making a change to our Family visitor and Caregiver support restrictions. Effective Wednesday Nov. 18th visiting hours will now be from 12-8pm for all Inpatients. As of Nov. 28th a maximum of 1 person per patient per day in all patient areas will be allowed. It is Mandatory that all visitors wear a mask at all times while in the hospital and keep in mind physical distancing guidelines. Everyone will be required to sign in and visit only 1 person, and must be screened upon arrival to the hospital and maintain good hand hygiene. There will be no re-entry allowed if the visitor leaves the building or the department. Patients who are confirmed, have a pending COVID swab or who are on covid isolation will not be permitted visitors.
We strongly encourage essential visiting only at this time to help protect the health and safety of our patients.
Active Public Screening is still taking place prior to entering the hospital. Upon entry you will be required to put on a mask. Also, you must use hand sanitizer upon arrival and exit.
The COVID-19 Testing Centre in Listowel has been relocated to the Outpatient Builidng across the street from the hospital at 285 Sarah Ave N. Please call 519-292-2133 between 10am – 2pm, Monday – Friday to book an appointment. We will not be providing testing to walk-in’s. An appointment must be booked in advance.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a respiratory illness. Symptoms of COVID-19 may include:
- Fever (temperature of 37.8°C or greater)
- New or Worsening Cough
- Shortness of Breath (Dyspnea)
- Other Symptoms: sore throat, difficulty swallowing, new olfactory or taste disorder(s), nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain.
Symptoms Updated Aug 6 2020
Symptoms may take up to 14 days to appear after exposure to the virus. Take a Self Assessment
How can I protect myself?
Handwashing is your best defense against a range of illnesses, including COVID-19. Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water to help prevent exposure to, and transmission of, illness. Other usual health precautions that can help you protect yourself again COVID-19 and other illness are:
- Avoid Contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are sick to avoid spreading illness to others
- Practice physical distancing at all times
- Practice proper cough and sneeze etiquette by coughing/sneezing into a tissue, or into your sleeve or arm (and immediately washing your hands afterwards)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth, especially with unwashed hands
- Cleaning your hands before eating and drinking
- Cleaning frequently touched objects and surfaces, like bathroom sinks, kitchen counters, etc.
What steps is Listowel Wingham Hospital Alliance taking to prevent the transmission of the virus?
LWHA is coordinating with Public Health Ontario, the Ministry of Health and other agencies to help guide decision-making and receive updates on the virus.
If you are experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19 please contact Huron Perth Health Unit at 1-888-221-2133. Community based testing can be arranged by calling to book an appointment.
Click here to find other available Testing Sites.
Visit any of the following websites for up-to-date Information on COVID-19
World Health Organization:
Huron Perth Public Health: Provides great Information on how to stay healthy.