Attention: LWHA has restricted all non-essential visitors to enter the Hospital in effort to help control and prevent the spread of COVID-19. Click Here for more information.
Active Public Screening is taking place prior to entering the hospital. Upon entry you will be required to put on a mask. Also, you must use hand sanitizer upon arrival and exit.
Click Here to learn more about the North Perth & North Huron Family Health Teams Testing Site.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a respiratory illness. Symptoms of COVID-19 may include:
- Fever (temperature of 37.8°C or greater)
- New or Worsening Cough
- Shortness of Breath (Dyspnea)
- Other Symptoms: sore throat, difficulty swallowing, new olfactory or taste disorder(s), nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain.
Symptoms Updated May 14, 2020
Take a Self Assessment
How can I protect myself?
Handwashing is your best defense against a range of illnesses, including COVID-19. Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water to help prevent exposure to, and transmission of, illness. Other usual health precautions that can help you protect yourself again COVID-19 and other illness are:
- Avoid Contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are sick to avoid spreading illness to others
- Practice physical distancing at all times
- Practice proper cough and sneeze etiquette by coughing/sneezing into a tissue, or into your sleeve or arm (and immediately washing your hands afterwards)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth, especially with unwashed hands
- Cleaning your hands before eating and drinking
- Cleaning frequently touched objects and surfaces, like bathroom sinks, kitchen counters, etc.
LWHA is coordinating with Public Health Ontario, the Ministry of Health and other agencies to help guide decision-making and receive updates on the virus.
If you are experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19 please contact Huron Perth Health Unit at 1-888-221-2133. Community based testing can be arranged by calling to book an appointment. Click here to find a Testing Site near you.
Visit any of the following websites for up-to-date Information on COVID-19
World Health Organization:
Huron Perth Public Health: Provides great Information on how to stay healthy.